07 January 2010

Detox or Bust: Hip Hop Albums To Be Excited For In 2010

2009 was an alright year in hip hop but I think '10 has the potential to be ions better. Here are a few albums I'm looking forward to in the coming year:



Strong Arm Steady - In Search Of Stoney Jackson
This actually dropped on the net last month but I haven't heard it yet. I have heard great things about it though. I'll be picking up a hard copy on the 27th to see if this one's any good.

Kanye West - Good Ass Job (?)
Mr. West is reportedly back in the studio recording a new album after making it his mission to kill multiple people on they're own tracks in '09. I don't know about you but I'm excited to hear 'Ye rap again.. assuming he does go back to rapping on this new album.



The Game - The R.E.D. Album
Game is back. Dre is on board, and I've heard rumors of many-a dope producer lacing beats for this album. I haven't heard a bad full studio album from him yet so I'm excited for this release. For now, it's set to be released on the 16th of February.

Chamillionaire - Venom
Although I wasn't really feeling the first single "Good Morning", I have high expectations for Cham's 3rd studio album. He's kind of inconsistent but that Mixtape Messiah series made me a fan, dude can spit.

Dr. Dre - Detox
Dre's third and final studio album has now been in the making for about 6 years. I had my doubts after praying every night for a release date with no answer, but I'm I'm looking at the glass half-full in the new year. Detox will come out in 2010, and it's gonna be epic, Avatar-epic.



Reggie Noble (Redman) - Reggie Noble 9 1/2
Redman is quoted as saying that "Redman isn't on this album. It's Reggie Noble". Translation: it's not gonna be the same as his previous work, he's shooting for a more 'pop' sound. That, I'm not so excited for, but Reggie Noble or not, it's still Redman, and I'm still syched to hear anything he puts out.

Drake - Thank Me Later
Drake played his entrance into the rap game well. That's to say, the TI's played Drake's entrance into the rap game well. He's already established, grown a large following, and is looking at possibly doing Wayne-esque numbers the first week if he gets lucky. All I'm hoping is that he doesn't get all cornball on us and make an entire album full of "Best I Ever Had" type songs, which I wouldn't put past him at this point.

The Roots - How I Got Over
Haven't heard much about this release except for that it's content will have some kind of political base and that all the instrumentals will be live, no sampling. Again though, I'm excited to hear anything from The Roots crew.

Eminem - Relapse 2
Em plans to relapse again in 2010. I was one of the people that actually liked the first one, a lot of heads declared it garbage. Either way Relapse 2 is gonna be a big release whenever he decides to drop it.



Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot
I'm a huge Big Boi fan so you can imagine that I was pissed when this album didn't dropped last year as promised. I've got big expectations for it in 2010.  But as long as "Shine Blockas" (which is dope) isn't the only reason to cop it, I'll be happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Apture