15 October 2010

Live Bloggin: BET's Top 10 Rappers


106andshits is just finishing up so seeing that I'm currently couchbound I'm live bloggin! Lets go.



6:03- Contestants just announced, no one special, just the regulars you would expect to be up there. Surprised at Eve? a little bit.

6:04- 'Cream' is one of the subjects they're grading these rappers on...

6:05- Young Jeezy just got voted #10 best rapper in the past decade, I'm already disappointed. And I just saw DJ Vlad.. credibility shot.

6:08- Woah, wait nevermind. Apparently they re-voted and now Rick Ross is #10, I'm happier but that's still ridiculous, Ross dropped his first album in '06 and it was sub-par as a whole, I'd say Ross has been relevant since '08 with Trilla.

6:11- Another re-vote brings Jadakiss in at #9, never been a fan myself. Meh.

6:13- Young Jeezy's at #8 now? ...

6:15- They're trying to throw Drake in at #7 now. With one album he doesn't have the track record to really be considered on this list in my opinion. We're talking about the best rappers of the decade here, Drizzy's good no doubt but he's literally only been around for about a year.

6:19- I heart commercials.

6:21- #6: T.I. That's not a bad pick. Tip's been active and pretty solid since '01. Agreeable.

6:24- #6 is now Ludacris which I wouldn't be mad at but that means T.I. no doubt moves above him in the overall rankings. That's ludacris (yes!).

6:26- Nelly just got kicked off the list and Jermaine Dupri's bitchin'. Puhlease.

6:33- I kinda wanna go see this new Saw 3D movie (just showed preview). I think the whole 3D aspect is a jip and overdone but I'm a sucker for the Saw series, shouts to my boy Jigsaw.

6:36- Kanye at #3. Honestly Mr. West probably could have taken the top spot on influence alone.

6:39- Wayne and Eminem pretty much the only viable rappers left in the voting. I'm predicting they'll put  Em at #2 and give Weezy the crown. They don't have the balls to give Em #1 even though he should get  it over Wayne all day. Let's see.

6:45- My laptops about to die, lets go already...

6:53- Deliberation continues.. Lyrically, Em beats Wayne. In terms of overall influence it's only been in the past couple years the Wayne has covered the hip hop world with his Young Money blanket, Em dropped 3 straight classics from '99 to '02. White boy takes it in my book but I highly doubt he gets #1 from these guys.

6:55- WOW! Proven wrong, they gave it to Em. *claps* done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Apture