22 December 2009

Hip Hop's Best Guest Verses of 2009

Great guest verses don't come very often so it's definitely something to celebrate when a rapper murders somebody else's track. Here are my top ten guest verses of 2009:


10. Ludacris on The Cool Kids' "Pennies" (Updated Roster Remix)



LUDA! My favorite ATL artist popped up on The Cool Kids' mixtape earlier this year and disturbs the peace real quick.

Quotable:

"We hustle through recessions,
this debate's about the best 
and I'm the answer, ain't no question"


9. Cappadonna on Raekwon's "10 Bricks"



Occasionally Cap busts a really dope verse and proves his place in the Wu Tang, this was one of those verses.

Quotable:

"Meanwhile, back on the block, we seen two trucks
Then the windows rolled down, we see these two fucks
Soon as they jumped out, see these tools bust"



8. Kool G. Rap on Wu Tang Clan's "Ill Figures"



Kool G. comes in at the end of this already dope track featuring verses from Raekwon and M.O.P. and murders this track. "It seems I'm a bit late here - Don't worry, these men are all gonna die"


Quotable:

"Bigger things, bring the slangs, slicker than the sharpest pen"


7. Che Grand on Donny Goines' "She Likes"



Che (first verse) goes in on this dope Apple Juice Kid instrumental. I still haven't heard his latest release, Everything's Good Ugly, but re-visiting this verse has me seriously considering getting off my ass and finding it.

Quotable:

"I'm that original, Fedora smooth criminal
still kick the apple juice outta you pricks,
after giving your sister yard stick"

6. J.Cole on Jay Z's "A Star Is Born"



J. Cole dropped a dope little 8 bars at the end of "A Star Is Born", off Jay Z's Blueprint 3 this year. Definitely a good introduction to this artist as I'm sure most listeners didn't know who he was before this.

Quotable:

"The flows cold as the shoulder of a gold digging hoes' when a broke n-gga approaches"


5. Kanye West on Jay Z's "Run This Town"



Ye' murdered Jay on his own song. Period.

Quotable:

"You trippin' when you ain't sippin'
have a refill
you feelin' like you runnin' huh?
now you know how we feel."

4. Jim Jones on BlakRoc's "What You Do To Me"



I've never been a fan of Jim Jones but this guest spot on the BlakRoc album is most definitely worth a listen. Much better than that "we fly high, no lie" bullshit.

Quotable:

"She so how and ain't another brother cool as me
to get her cold as me I think I gotta buy her jewelry"

3. Crooked I on The Alchemist's "Acts of Violence"



Most definitely the illest feature on this whole project, the crook swoops in and drops a gully-ass verse at the end of this track.

Quotable:

"Picture the pistol in so many megapixels
your life flashing before your eyes in high definition"

2. Slick Rick on Mos Def's "Auditorium"



Right when you think the track is over, the patch drops in and kills this Madlib instrumental. He spits from the point-of-view of a soldier in Iraq. Dope concept, dope verse.

Quotable:

"Sit and come relax riddle off the mac, it's the patch
I'm a soldier in the middle of iraq"



1. Eminem on "Forever"



I'm not exactly sure who this single is credited to, either way Em killed it with this on the last verse (seeing a trend here) of "Forever". The flow, the lyrics, the delivery, everything clicked. This is my pick for best guest spot of 2009.

Quotable:

"Payback motherf-cker for the way you got at me, so how’s it taste?
When I slap the taste out your mouth with the bass so loud that it shakes the place"


Comments? Questions? Did I miss anything? Leave a comment. 

*All images by yours truly

6 comments:

Guy Fawkes said...

You can't front on Cappa like that!
His solo shits are weak, but he's always been dope on the feature tip.
You illin' on the photoshop.

Mookie Williams said...

haha true..
thank you.

Praverb said...

dope post homie...

Mookie Williams said...

@Praverb

Thanks man

Unknown said...

I learn something totally new and challenging on sites everyday


https://decor-ksa.com/villas-homes-window/
https://decor-ksa.com/windows-iron/




yanmaneee said...

yeezy
hogan outlet online
longchamp handbags
goyard wallet
yeezy
kobe 11
michael kors sale
nhl jerseys
cheapjordans
ferragamo belt

Post a Comment

Apture